How to Get Involved
Olive Children Foundation is a 501c(3) nonprofit, educational organization that strives to inspire and prepare our young people to be the future leaders of tomorrow, in order to better themselves and their community. This summer, Olive Children Foundation offers two oversea volunteer opportunities.
This is the first time Olive Children partners with Guangming Middle/High School for an experience abroad in Xinzhou City, Shanxi Province, China – teach English and learn Chinese. This two-week expedition will allow you to gain real-world experience and international competency, experience a new culture, establish new friends, as well as build your resume. If you are interested in service and volunteering, have an enthusiasm for sharing American culture, consider joining us! After the service, Olive Children Foundation will provide service hours, as well as assist students in applying for the prestigious President’s Volunteer Service Award.
Print out the Registration Form
We have helped and organized Mexico Home Building projects since 2011. There have 20 homes been built and more than 300 people from bay area involved which includes Mission San Jose High, Irvington, James Logan, American High, Cupertino as well as Pleasanton and San Ramon high schools. If you would like to help out to build a complete house for a needy family this summer, in 4 days and earn up to 60 hours of community service hours. June 2015 Home building group is forming.
Due: 5/29/2015; Award: 6/5/2015
Donating your time and energy to benefit others through service learning provides untold satisfaction. So we need you to tell us about it! Write about a challenging, special, and rewarding experience of service learning. What did you learn by volunteering to help others? How has this changed your perspective on your community, family, or values?
Check out the Writing Contest Guidelines
Volunteering at Olive
We highly appreciate your interest in volunteering your time or applying for an internship or volunteer position at Olive. As a non-profit, we rely on many volunteers! We do our best to accommodate your busy schedule with morning, afternoon, and weekend hours available. Volunteers are required to volunteer at least once a week (except for our special events). Service hours will be administered in exchange for volunteer services.Volunteers are required to attend an orientation and attend (3) trainings per year. Letters of Recommendation can be requested after (1) year of service.
- Office administrative assistant: Volunteers earn valuable professional experience by filing paperwork, organizing pen-pal correspondence with World Vision, and optimizing systems.
- Teaching Assistant: We have many TAs who work at all three sites to not only check homework, but to serve as mentors and role models to our students. Tutors form core support for our afterschool students’ questions on math, language arts, and computer literacy.
- Leadership Assistant
- Book Club facilitator
- Desktop publishing/ Filing and copying
- Math club assistant coach
- Speech/debate assistant coach: Love speech and debate? Volunteer to work with our professional coaches to help Olive’s award-winning SPeech & Debate Team!
- Debate judge: Volunteer to be a guest judge for our Speech & Debate tournaments!
- Video editing: Good at video editing? We love to have volunteers work on editing our videos from our special events and showcases. Perhaps you would like to work on a stop motion video with one of our students!
- Marketing: Our Marketing volunteer creates flyers for our regular events and may also work on social media.
- Webmaster: Our webmaster are students who are interested in marketing, graphic design, or website management. Update our website!
- Special events: If you don’t want to commit to a weekly volunteer position, you can be put on the on-call volunteer list to volunteer at our special events such as Halloween Carnival.
- Sports assistant: Mentors act as role models, sharing enthusiasm for physical activities and encouraging good sportsmanship in competitions by organizing games on park field trips.
- Social Media assistant: Update website, Facebook, and Twitter with photos, news, and links to news items of interest to parents and educators.
Please review the Volunteer Contract and apply to get involved. Or for more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org